Monday, January 26, 2015

Kipple Corollary and Sock Entropy

I've recently written on kipple and its application to modern life, particularly electronic file shares. There is, however, a corollary: sock entropy.

Basically, the order of matched socks dissipates with time due to the loss of individual socks. Note that this phenomenon does not result in an empty sock drawer as one would expect. The space is inevitably occupied by other things: old mobile phones, thai-boxing hand wraps, extra shirt buttons, promotional bottle openers, bow ties, etc.

I have one strategy for battling sock entropy. I only buy one kind of sock so I don't have to worry about making pairs. I simply have to find two socks. Even this task, however, has become difficult due to sock entropy and the drawer itself is no less empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home